Careers with The Mansfield
As an independent building society we have a variety of roles and career opportunities available.
Our staff provide an important service to our customers and help ensure that we exceed their expectations.
As well as serving our local savings and mortgage customers, we also lend across England and Wales and provide savings for people throughout the UK. Here are some key areas of our business:
- Branch Counter team that serve the needs of our savings customers both face to face and via the telephone
- Direct Mortgage Sales team responding to enquiries from people looking to purchase or remortgage their home
- Intermediary Sales Support team liaising with lending enquiries from mortgage brokers across England and Wales
- Mortgage Customer Services team of highly skilled underwriters, assessing people's lending needs on a case-by-case basis as well as looking after our existing mortgage customers
- Our Product and Marketing team ensures that our products meet customer needs and promotes our services through digital and offline channels
- The Finance department monitor our savings and mortgage transactions and co-ordinate all the usual company accounts activities
- Information Systems department ensuring our technology remains reliable and up to date
- Human Resources and Management Services deliver staff development and support our management team
- We have a Compliance team ensuring that the Society continues to meet its obligations with regards regulatory requirements
Our staff have regular Personal Development Reviews and there are training courses throughout the year so that we continually deliver excellent customer service and meet the Society's objectives.
Mortgage Customer Services Assistant – Permanent - Full Time
The Mansfield Building Society is looking to recruit a full time member of the team to work primarily as a Mortgage Customer Services Assistant. This role is being offered as a permanent role in a full time contract.
The main purpose of this permanent role is to provide effective support to the Mortgage Underwriters from mortgage application through to issuing of the Mortgage Offer. Additional assistance may also be required post offer through to completion of the Mortgage.
The main duties would include the following:
- Initial capture and processing of all mortgage applications, including the instruction of references, credit searches and the processing of fee payments
- Handling inbound and outbound telephone calls, and e-mail/postal communications liaising with customers, solicitors and intermediaries
- Handling mortgage completions, including liaising with solicitors and communicating with customers
- Providing a professional and efficient service to existing mortgage customers and brokers
- Ensuring cases are progressed and effectively chased through the pipeline.
- Instruct valuations via our panel manger, Gateway.
- To participate in system testing, which also improves knowledge and experience
- To carry out a variety of mortgage administration tasks as and when required
Please complete the application form and send it to Mansfield Building Society, Regent House, Regent Street, Mansfield, Notts NG18 1SS.
The closing date for applications is Friday 15 September 2017.