Making an Application
FOR INTERMEDIARY USE ONLY
We have provided the guidance below to help you understand our requirements in order to process your client's application efficiently.
As well as information on how to apply through our secure online portals and by post, there is advice on the supporting documentation that is required to be submitted with the application.
Applications can be made online through our ClickMansfield service for all residential mortgages except Shared Ownership and Shared Equity products.
To make an application through our ClickMansfield portal you will need to be registered for the service, which you can do by downloading a registration form and returning it to us.
In the portal, you can attach supporting documentation to the application by the use of a secure document upload facility. You will need to have the certified originals in PDF format for the documents to be uploaded into the system.
Please ensure that you provide information fully and accurately so that the application proceeds as smoothly as possible (see below).
For applications made by mortgage brokers online, we will contact the customer directly to obtain the fee in order to proceed.
You can also send your clients application through the post to us.
Our manual mortgage application form includes a checklist of all supporting documents that need to be submitted in order to ensure the application proceeds without delays.
For postal applications, please send the completed application form together with all relevant supporting documentation to:
Mortgage Department, The Mansfield Building Society, Regent House, Regent Street, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 1SS
Please send application fee cheques payable to "The Mansfield Building Society" or alternatively, we will contact the customer directly to obtain the fee in order to proceed.
To ensure progress from application to offer, please help us by providing:
- Last 3 months original bank statements on all current accounts
- Latest mortgage statement or rent book
- Proof of income in retirement, eg pension statement or illustration, if you are already retired or the mortgage term extends into planned retirement
- Right to Buy offer letter (if purchasing from the local authority)
- For interest only with downsizing up to age 80, brokers will be required to sign an additional declaration which can be downloaded here
If employed, we will also need:
- Latest P60
- Last 3 months payslips
If self-employed, we will also need:
- For loans up to 90% LTV last 2 years accounts
- For loans greater than 90% LTV last 3 years accounts
- Copies of the last 3 self-assessment tax calculation forms (SA302)
See our supporting document checklist for practical help on what you need to provide.
Failure to provide full documentation will delay the process for your clients, please ensure that you have everything required before submitting an application.
If you're in any doubt, please contact the Intermediary Sales Support team on 01623 676360.
For updates on applications that have been submitted and are being processed contact our Mortgage Department.
Tel: 01623 676340